We were told the birthparents would have an answer to us within a week. We were thinking this was going to be a polar opposite of the adoption process we had with Cole...long, drawn out...waiting and waiting.
We threw ourselves into our adoption paperwork and after meeting with our lawyer, who told us it would be a very easy independent adoption. We had to bring the baby over statelines, which is a little hampering with an approval process required in both states.
I took Cole out to the Chattahoochee River with our friends to soak and play in the cool water on a hot Atlanta Sunday--July 27th. Merry stayed home to do some work. As we drove home in traffic I checked our email--"Rob & Merry, we wanted to inform you that we want you two to be the adoptive parents to our child. After much thought we felt that your family presents the best situation for our child. We are in agreement that you will provide the baby with the best possible lifestyle." I read it aloud for the car and high fived Cole--he was going to be a big brother! I called Merry who turned momentarily hysterical...we celebrated that night and thanked God for watching for us.