Our journey began on July 5th as I was driving through the farm fields near Kincardine, Ontario. The sun was just starting to go down. Merry and I were celebrating our last night at our cottage--The Preid of Dixie--and with it five weeks spent working, playing in the waves of Lake Huron with our son Cole and entertaining various family and friends who came to visit. It was bliss. It all took a turn when Cole said one night over dinner: "Mommy, Daddy, when can I be a big brother?" Merry and I had been discussing our adoption plans throughout the summer, but Cole statement had made it official. We would adopt baby number two at our earliest opportunity.Flash back to my drive. As neared the main road the sun reflected off the wheat fields and water behind me. Suddenly my phone rang. It was my buddy from Atlanta, asking me if I had a drink in my hand. "Not yet," I said. After I ran some errands, Merry and I were going out for a nice date at our favorite restaurant--Harbour Street Brasserie owned by friends Derek & Dianne. Quickly my friend informed me he knew of a couple interested in finding a loving family who could provide a wonderful life for their child--the only catch is that the baby was due July 29. He and his wife thought of us immediately. Without any hesitation, I said we were in. I waited until Merry had a glass of champagne at sunset on the deck of Brasserie before I broke the news. She was elated! As we watched the sun set we dreamed of what lay before us. We had been put on the path to adoption again this time by our beautiful and amazing first adopted child--Cole Preiditsch...