Sunday, August 10, 2008

Georgia Alice

July 29th -- the day seemed so close. We were chosen on July 27 and had two days until her due date. July 30--the birth mom emailed to give us an update on her doctor's appointment. Earlier she told us the doctor said it could be another two weeks. She also asked us if we had thought of a name for the baby. She wanted to name the baby with our name, so she would immediately have her name for life. It was such a thoughtful thing for her to do for us.

Merry, Cole and I were at our friends Scott & Fritz' house, who have an adopted girl named Jordan, earlier that weekend and Merry was reading aloud from a list of names. With a long last name like ours, Merry and I wanted to keep the first name solid and simple. When Georgia came up it sounded both pretty and confident. Merry and I loved it immediately...we asked Cole what he thought of the name and he said--"Baby Georgia is going to be my little sister!" Well that was it!

Cole was responding well to the thought of having a little sister. We talked about where the baby is coming from a birth mommy and daddy who love their little baby so much they want to find a better home and life for them. Maybe it was the visual of little Jordan close by, but Cole said, "I want to give the birth mommy a hug for giving me a baby sister."