Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's A Girl!

The next day on July 9th we received the first contact...the birth mom and dad emailed to thank us for the info and wanted to know more about us. We sent our previous home study and more biographical information on our life now with Cole.

They returned with their own bio information. It was great to get to know them better. This young couple were at the threshold of one of the most exciting times of their life, senior year, post graduate work and then onto exciting careers. Their tone was remarkably mature--much more than I could have ever imagined.

As I read his hearfelt bio...I read the words first "my daughter". My heart jumped a beat--it was girl! I called Merry to ask if she wanted to know. She asked me to hold it a secret until we were chosen to be the parents.